Thursday, August 4, 2011

are you talkin to me!

        As the mother f a little girl there are many thing's that you have to concern yourself with as far as raising her goes. Everyone had their idea of how what and when you should teach a child. I feel that I owe it to my daughter to make sure she has all the tools to be a productive functioning adult.
        There is no handbook that tell's you word for word whats right and wrong. Right now Rianna is 6 years old. She know's that it is her responsability to keep her room clean, clear her dishes after she eats, and to help with her laundry. I don't feel that I'm asking to much of her, at times I feel like I don't make her do enough, but there are some out there who feel that I put to much responsability on my daughter. As it was said to me "You are putting the responsabilities of a woman on a child." Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't my daughter going to grow up? Do I want my child to be the kind of adult that has to depend on others for her need's or do I want her to grow into a self respecting competint adult. . . . I'm gonna go with the second one!
       What about you guy's? What responsabilities do you place on your children and at what age?

word of the day: Protect: To shield from hard or injury

1 comment:

  1. My mom taught me to make my bed right around Rianna's age..I knew how to cook by the time I was 12 and do dishes as well and I'm glad she did it that way. I think that kids have it way to easy now a days. Ralphy as you know is only 3 and he already knows that he has to put his plate away when he finishes eating and he has to pick up his toys when he is done. I don't think that's too much and as he gets older I will be adding to the list. I want him to be an independent adult and the earlier you start, the better.

    ReplyDelete